Sports Injuries Adults
Many people who play sports may at some point suffer from some form of injury. This can affect any part of the body including, ligaments, muscles, tendon, bones, joints and nerves .
There are many reason why we can incur an injuries, these may include overuse injuries such as running, failing to warm up or down properly pre and post exercising, inappropriate equipment, poor technique or simply an impact from a sporting tackle.
If you have suffered an injury you may feel pain, tenderness, swelling, bruising and stiffness to the surrounding area , however this may not always be noticeable until several hours after your initial exercise or injury.
At First Step Clinic we are here to help and promote you as an individual to reach and maintain your full sporting potential. Over the years we have supported both professional and amateur sport persons through injury. Our treatment plan is tailored to suit the individual needs, from initial injury through to rehabilitation.
How can we help with Sports Injuries?
Our aim is to help injured athletes return to full functionality, regardless of their age, sport or ability. Injuries treated vary according to the sport or activity involved. Clients include professional and amateur sportsman and people who keep fit for fun.
What types of conditions do people seek massage for?
- Back pain and Sciatica
- Neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand pain
- Muscle over strain (such as Hamstrings)
- Heel and Knee pain
- Runners Knee
- Hamstring Injuries
- Shin splints
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Ligament strain or Damage (ankle, knee or foot)
- Repetitive strain injury (RPS)
- Tendonitis (Achilles)
- Joint inflamations
- Foot pain
- Trapped nerves
- Ligament over strain (such as Golfers elbow and Tennis elbow)
- Acute / chronic conditions
- Post-injury rehabilitation
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Inflammatory conditions such Rheumatic pain
The aim of the treatment
The aim of the treatment is to help keep the body in its peak of physical fitness through:
- Biomechanical assessment
- Joint Mobilisation / Joint Manipulation
- Ultra sound / Electrotherapy
- Exercise programme / Rehabilitation
- Pre and Post operative rehabilitation
- Exercise and stretching routines
Treatment methods include
- Ultra sound
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Personalised exercise program
Why not be one of the many who has benefited from our work. Call First Step Clinic today.
Some of the benefits people can expect
Reduction of stresses and strains, decrease muscle tension / pain, increase mobility through range of joints and muscles movement , help reduce build up of lactic acid , may prevent further injuries ,aids the nervous system and finally may help maintain the immune system.